1988–89 Portland Trail Blazers season
The 1988–89 season was the 19th season of the Portland Trail Blazers in the National Basketball Association (NBA). The Blazers finished 39–43, eighth in the Western Conference, qualifying for the playoffs for the seventh consecutive year.
The team was racked with dissension and posted a 25–22 record before coach Mike Schuler was fired in mid-February. Then-assistant coach Rick Adelman was promoted to replace him on an interim basis. After the Blazers reached the 1989 NBA Playoffs, Adelman was made the head coach on a full-time basis.
In the 1989 NBA Playoffs, the Blazers were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs for the fourth straight year, losing three straight to the eventual Western Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers.
Portland Trail Blazers roster
- z - clinched division title
- y - clinched division title
- x - clinched playoff spot
Record vs. opponents
|1988–89 game log|
Total: 39–43 (Home: 28–13; Road: 11–30)
|1989 playoff game log|
West First Round
- Game 1 @ Great Western Forum, Los Angeles (April 27): Los Angeles 128, Portland 108
- Game 2 @ Great Western Forum, Los Angeles (April 30): Los Angeles 113, Portland 105
- Game 3 @ Memorial Coliseum, Portland (May 3): Los Angeles 116, Portland 108
Last Playoff Meeting: 1985 Western Conference Semifinals (Los Angeles won 4-1)
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game|