December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
For December 20th, Orthodox Churches on the Old Calendar commemorate the Saints listed on December 7.
- Hieromartyr Ignatius the God-bearer, Bishop of Antioch (107) (see also January 29 )
- Saint Philogonius, Bishop of Antioch, Confessor (323)
Pre-Schism Western saints
- Martyrs Liberatus and Bajulus, at Rome.
- Saint Ursicinus of Cahors, Bishop of Cahors in France (ca.585)
- Saint Dominic of Brescia, successor of St Anastasius as Bishop of Brescia in Italy (ca.612)
- Saint Ursicinus of Saint-Ursanne, born in Ireland, he was a disciple of St Columbanus, and founded the monastery of St Ursanne (ca.625)
Post-Schism Orthodox saints
- Saint Daniel II, Archbishop of Serbia (1338)
- Saint Ignatius, Archimandrite of the Kiev Caves (1435)
- New Martyr John of the island of Thasos, at Constantinople, by beheading (1652)
- Saint Anthony (Smirnitsky), Archbishop of Voronezh (1846)
- Righteous John of Kronstadt, Wonderworker (1908) (see also October 19 )
New martyrs and confessors
- New Hieromartyr Nikolai Chernishev, Archpriest, of Udmurtia (east of Kazan), and New Martyr Barbara, his daughter (1919)
- Novgorod Icon of the Theotokos, "Deliverance of the Drowning" ("Rescuer of the Drowning").
St. Ignatius of Antioch.
St. Ignatius of Antioch (Menologion of Basil II)
Relics of St. Ignatius of Antioch (Menologion of Basil II)
Church of Saint Dominic of Brescia, in Brescia (1883).
Saint Daniel II, Archbishop of Serbia (fresco from Patriarchate of Peć).
Saint Anthony (Smirnitsky), Archbishop of Voronezh.
- December 20/January 2. Orthodox Calendar (PRAVOSLAVIE.RU).
- January 2 / December 20. HOLY TRINITY RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH (A parish of the Patriarchate of Moscow).
- December 20. OCA - The Lives of the Saints.
- The Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of Western Europe and the Americas (ROCOR). St. Hilarion Calendar of Saints for the year of our Lord 2004. St. Hilarion Press (Austin, TX). p. 1.
- December 20. Latin Saints of the Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.
- The Roman Martyrology. Transl. by the Archbishop of Baltimore. Last Edition, According to the Copy Printed at Rome in 1914. Revised Edition, with the Imprimatur of His Eminence Cardinal Gibbons. Baltimore: John Murphy Company, 1916.
- Great Synaxaristes: (in Greek) 20 ΔΕΚΕΜΒΡΙΟΥ. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- (in Greek) Συναξαριστής. 20 Δεκεμβρίου. ECCLESIA.GR. (H ΕΚΚΛΗΣΙΑ ΤΗΣ ΕΛΛΑΔΟΣ).
- (in Russian) 2 января (20 декабря). Православная Энциклопедия под редакцией Патриарха Московского и всея Руси Кирилла (электронная версия). (Orthodox Encyclopedia - Pravenc.ru).
- (in Russian) 20 декабря (ст.ст.) 2 января 2013 (нов. ст.). Русская Православная Церковь Отдел внешних церковных связей. (DECR).