Ojinaga Municipality (formally: Manuel Ojinaga ) is one of the 67 municipalities of Chihuahua, in northern Mexico. The municipal seat lies at Ojinaga, a rural bordertown on the U.S.-Mexico border. The municipality has an area of 9,500.50 km² (3,668.16 sq mi).
Ojinaga, named after Juarista governor Manuel Ojinaga, reported a 2010 census population of 22,744 people in the town, which serves as municipal seat of the municipality of 26,304 inhabitants. The municipality includes numerous very small outlying communities, the largest of which are El Oasis and Nueva Holanda.
Towns and villages
The municipality has 108 localities. The largest are:
Adjacent municipalities and counties
- Manuel Benavides Municipality – southeast
- Camargo Municipality – south
- Julimes Municipality – southwest
- Aldama Municipality – southwest
- Coyame del Sotol Municipality – west
- Guadalupe Municipality – northwest
- Presidio County, Texas – north and northeast
- 2010 census tables: INEGI: Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática
- Chihuahua Enciclopedia de los Municipios de México