University of Information Science and Technology "St. Paul The Apostle"
The University of Information Science and Technology "St. Paul The Apostle" (Macedonian: Универзитет за информатички науки и технологии "Св. Апостол Павле", romanized: Univerzitet za informatički nauki i tehnologii "Sv. Apostol Pavle"; abbr. UIST) is a public university in North Macedonia. As of 2018–19 school year, a total of 375 students are enrolled at the university.
UIST was founded by the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia by the Act on Establishment of the University for Information Technology in 2008. In 2010, the students of UIST made the first supercomputer (cluster computer) in Republic of North Macedonia.
The international outreach of the university results in UIST having a multinational student population from more than 40 countries worldwide, along with local students. UIST has accreditations for 15 Undergraduate and Master programs in English as the medium of instruction. According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities for 2015/2016, UIST was ranked among the top 3 university in North Macedonia out of 19 other universities.
UIST has five faculties:
- Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS)
- Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA)
- Faculty of Applied Information Technology, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMR)
- Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
UIST has international collaboration and bilateral Memorandum of cooperation with several Universities worldwide:
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, USA
- Istanbul Universitsi, Istanbul, Turkey,
- Cumhuriyet Universiti, Sivas, Turkey
- Kütahya Dumlupınar University, Kütahya, Turkey.
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Universitatea de Vest din Timişoara, Timişoara, Romania,
- Elizade University, Ondo, Nigeria
- University of Padova, Padova, Italy
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Japan
- Oakland University, Michigan, USA