Christophe Neff (born 10 June 1964 in Tübingen, Germany) is a Franco-German geographer, working on Mediterranean ecosystems, the geography of the Mediterranean Basin and fire ecology at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.In Germany he is considered as one of the rare German experts for Mediterranean ecosystem and fire ecology., Furthermore, he is an expert of the geography of Francophone (African French geography) and Lusophone Africa and the Azores. Neff is editing a blog called paysages (engl.= landscapes) on les blog le Monde.fr since 2009, mostly written in French, sometimes in German, and very rarely in English. On the 23 of April 2019 Neff announced on his paysages blog, that he will finished editing “paysages” on the blogplatform les blogs LeMonde.fr, because Le Monde has decided to close up the Blogs Le Monde.fr. He also explained that he tries to relaunch “paysages” on another blogplateform. In the same post he also noticed, that the cultural gap between France and Germany never has been as large as in the year 2019, remembering that originally the idea of this blog, was to create a franco-german blog.
- Andreas Dittmann u.a (Hrsg): Wer ist wo? Geographinnen und Geographen an Universitäten, Hochschulen und Forschungseinrichtungen in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz. Bonn 2006.ISBN 3-00-016764-1
- Homepage of Christophe Neff at the University of Karlsruhe including publication list (in German)
- french-english-german paysage-landscape-landschaft Blog of Christophe Neff
- Broadcasting interview (Deutschlandfunk) about reducing wildfire risks by prescribed fire in Mediterranean France (German) (manuscript + streamline)
- Broadcasting Interview concerning wildland fires in Greece (Summer 2007) and wildfire situation in the Black Forest (Germany) (The interview is in German.) http://digbib.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/diva/2007-292/