George Trebeck (1800–1825) was born in Middlesex, England in the year 1800. He moved to Calcutta, West Bengal circa 1815 with his father Charles Trebeck and brother of the same name. George Trebeck, who was trained as a solicitor, was recruited by William Moorcroft at the age of 19 as his geographer and draftsman and second-in-charge of an exploratory expedition which was to take him through the Himalayan provinces of Hindustan, the Punjab, Ladakh, Kashmir, Peshawar, Kabul, Kunduz, Bokhara and eventually lead to his death.
George Trebeck perished on his first and only expedition with William Moorcroft on 30 August 1825 in Shah Merdon, Afghanistan.
- Phillimore III page 508
- George Trebeck's Will held in the East India Centre, British Library, St Pancras, London, England 'Indexes to Wills - Bengal, 1780–1909' IOR reference: L/AG/34/29/1-154
- George Trebeck's Burial Record East India Register, East India Centre, British Library, St Pancras, London, England
- The Moorcroft Collection, East India Centre, British Library, St Pancras, London, England MSS EUR/F 37 (Private Papers)
- Families in British India Society (see article Families In British India Society)
- Travels in the Himalayan Provinces of Hindustan and the Punjab in Ladakh and Kashmir in Peshawar, Kabul, Kunduz and Bokhara From 1819 to 1825 Volume II by William Moorcroft and George Trebeck, Publisher:Elibron ClassicsISBN 1-4212-5081-0