Europe in 1470
Year 1470 (MCDLXX) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- March 12 – Wars of the Roses in England – Battle of Losecoat Field: The House of York defeats the House of Lancaster.
- March 20 (Julian calendar) – The Battle of Nibley Green is the last fought between the private armies of feudal magnates in England.
- Spring: Anglo-Hanseatic War: Hanseatic League privateers set sail.
- May 15 – Charles VIII of Sweden, who has served three terms as King of Sweden, dies. Sten Sture the Elder proclaims himself Regent of Sweden the following day.
- June 1 – Sten Sure is recognised as Swedish ruler by the estates.
- July 12 – The Ottomans capture Euboea.
- August 20 – Stephen the Great defeats the Volga Tatars of the Golden Horde led by Ahmed Khan, in the Battle of Lipnic.
- September 13 – A rebellion orchestrated by King Edward IV of England's former ally, Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, forces the King to flee England to seek support from his brother-in-law, Charles the Bold of Burgundy.
- October 3 – Warwick releases Henry VI of England from the Tower of London, and restores him to the throne.
- November 28 – Emperor Lê Thánh Tông of Vietnam launches a naval expedition against Champa, beginning the Cham–Annamese War.
- December 18 – Lê Thánh Tông leads the Đại Việt army into Champa, conquering the country in less than three months.
- January 1 – Magnus I, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg, German noble (d. 1543)
- February 16 – Eric I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Prince of Calenberg (1491–1540) (d. 1540)
- April 7 – Edward Stafford, 2nd Earl of Wiltshire (d. 1498)
- April 9 – Giovanni Angelo Testagrossa, Italian composer (d. 1530)
- May 20 – Pietro Bembo, Italian cardinal (d. 1547)
- June 30 – Charles VIII of France (d. 1498)
- July 13 – Francesco Armellini Pantalassi de' Medici, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1528)
- July 20 – John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath, English noble (d. 1539)
- July 30 – Hongzhi Emperor of China (d. 1505)
- August 4
- October 2
- October 15 – Konrad Mutian, German humanist (d. 1526)
- November 2 – King Edward V of England, one of the princes in the Tower (d. c. 1483)
- November 28 – Wen Zhengming, artist during the Ming Dynasty (d. 1559)
- December 5 – Willibald Pirckheimer, German humanist (d. 1530)
- date unknown